This extension provides quick translation of selected texts
What is Quick Translate?
'Quick Translate' is a Chrome extension offering quick, instant translation for selected texts. With support for over 50 languages, it utilizes Google Translate for providing translations. On selection of any webpage text and pressing the 'shift' button, the translation is displayed. It is easy to use with minimal settings, allowing you to choose your desired destination language and an option to force translation source language. The extension also features keyboard shortcuts for facile accessibility.
- The shortcut for in page translate is shift button.
- The default shortcut for browseraction is CTRL + Q (you can change that later on "chrome://extensions/configureCommands")
- If there were opened tabs before you install the extension, you must refresh those tabs in order to activate extension.
Supports over 50 languages
This extensions allows you to translate the text selection using Google Translate whenever you want.
When the extension is installed select some text from a website, then press "shift" button to show translation.
This extension is lightweight and does what it says. Translates texts quickly.
No messy options.
User reviews summary
- Quick and easy translation with the press of a button
- Works with a wide variety of languages
- Helpful for learning new languages and vocabulary
- Frequent glitches and functionality issues
- Shift key shortcut interferes with typical computer usage
- Inability to select text whilst the extension is active
- Shift key for translation
- Ease of use and instant response
- Some translations are incorrect
- Lack of certain languages like Tamil and Bangla
Quick Translate may not be safe to use and it requires some risky permissions. Exercise caution when installing this extension. Review carefully before installing.
Quick Translate has earned a fairly good reputation and likely can be trusted.
Here are some Chrome extensions that are similar to Quick Translate: