Force Custom Fonts
Force the use of custom fonts for web pages. If you are professional in using CSS, the extension "Stylish" is suggested.
What is Force Custom Fonts?
"Force Custom Fonts" is a versatile Chrome extension that facilitates users to implement their own choice of fonts on any web page. Designed with CSS professionals in mind, the extension, however, doesn’t support the chaining of two font substitution rules. Continuous improvements and bug fixes are an integral part of this useful extension with updates including solutions to replacement problems, enhancement in the functionality of CSS elements, resetting features, and more. An ideal tool for those who desire a personalized browsing experience or professionals looking for finer control over website typography.
This extension has a limit:
You can not chain two substitution rules, .e.g: Font-A --> Font-B Font-B --> Font-C does not conclude Font-A --> Font-C
If I have time I'll make a similar extension about fonts. Thanks for your support.
Change Logs: v2.4.0 fix translations and add a local switch for who wants to disable this extension (on macbook pro?) v2.3.1 remove redundant files v2.3.0 now reset will auto-remove the effect added to the webpages v2.2.1 small improvement about the CSS about element <var> and font-face v2.2.0 the problem about no replacement happening was fixed
User reviews summary
- The extension effectively changes fonts to user's preference
- Works well on different webpages making font uniform
- Extension is unique in its functionality and solving of global font issues
- Symbols that come as fonts get changed and not displayed correctly
- Some users reported issues with certain characters becoming rectangular
- Certain fonts on specific websites are not supported or are disrupted like Awesome Fonts, sketchfab symbols etc.
- Alteration of symbol display is a common issue
- The need for continued updates and improvements
- Multiple users praised the extension’s ability to change fonts effectively across a range of different webpages
Force Custom Fonts is risky to use as it requires a number of sensitive permissions that can potentially harm your browser and steal your data. Exercise caution when installing this extension. Review carefully before installing. We recommend that you only install Force Custom Fonts if you trust the publisher.
Force Custom Fonts has earned a fairly good reputation and likely can be trusted.
Here are some Chrome extensions that are similar to Force Custom Fonts: