Watch streaming media with friends.
What is Metastream Remote?
'Metastream Remote' is a Chrome extension that allows Metastream to control media for synchronizing in a session. It requires permissions to 'Read and change all your data on the websites you visit' to provide this functionality. The extension works predominantly with browser tabs actively involving the app.getmetastream.com website, and is transparent with an accessible source code.
Allows Metastream to control media for synchronizing in a session.
Metastream Remote requires permissions to "Read and change all your data on the websites you visit."
The Metastream application needs this to embed any website into the app.getmetastream.com website and to synchronize media. This functionality is limited to browser tabs actively using the the app.getmetastream.com website.
For auditing purposes, the source code of this extension is available at https://github.com/samuelmaddock/metastream/tree/master/packages/metastream-remote-extension
User reviews summary
- Works with many different types of services like Disney+, Netflix, Twitch, YouTube
- Smooth user experience and great chat function
- Allows sharing of more items compared to other similar extensions
- Reports of bugs making it almost impossible to use
- Creates problems with Google cloud console
- Requires read and write permissions for all sites
- Numerous bugs
- User friendly and vast content sharing
- Read and write permission requirement
Metastream Remote is risky to use as it requires a number of sensitive permissions that can potentially harm your browser and steal your data. Exercise caution when installing this extension. Review carefully before installing. We recommend that you only install Metastream Remote if you trust the publisher.
Metastream Remote has earned a fairly good reputation and likely can be trusted.
Here are some Chrome extensions that are similar to Metastream Remote: