A less intrusive way to access your recent downloads
What is Download Manager?
"Download Manager" is a Chrome extension developed to offer an easy and unobtrusive way to access and manage your downloads. This extension replaces the traditional chrome downloads bar with a toolbar icon for quick access. Users enjoy the ability to view, search, pause, resume, clear, and delete recent downloads. Additional features include opening downloaded files in the default application or browser, revealing the file location, and receiving notifications upon download completion.
Replaces the chrome downloads bar with a toolbar icon. The popup is styled to look like the new extensions menu for a more native feel.
- Access your download list at any time from the chrome toolbar
- Option to display in the browser sidebar
- Quickly search recent downloads
- Badge count to show download status at a glance
- Pause and resume downloads easily
- Clear downloads from your history
- Delete downloaded files from the popup
- Open file in default application
- Open file in browser
- Open folder which contains the file
- Quick link to chrome downloads page
User reviews summary
- Good design
- Customizable notifications
- Convenient access to downloads
- Pause and delete functions are not working
- Small text size
- Lack of 'show in folder' option
- Slow loading
- Download progress bar stops working
- Need of 'clear all downloads' button
- Inability to change color of icon
- The extension freezes Chrome while loading
Download Manager is relatively safe to use as it requires very minimum permissions.
Download Manager has earned a good reputation and can be trusted.
Here are some Chrome extensions that are similar to Download Manager: