Fast and easy way to test your responsive design in multiple viewports
What is Emmet Re:view?
Emmet Re:view is a Chrome Extension, providing a swift way to inspect your responsive webpage across numerous views, side-by-side. It features Breakpoints View, that shows your page in multiple viewports resized for each CSS media query breakpoint. It also presents a Device Wall, offering an eagle-eye preview of device-sized viewports. This extension provides an extra feature to create customized devices and presets. Its standout attribute, the PageSync engine, amalgamates all user interaction across all viewports for a completely synchronized user experience.
Emmet Re:View displays your responsive web-page in a number of views side-by-side so you can quickly test how web-page looks at different resolutions and devices. All views are fully synchronized: scroll, fill-in form fields, click, hover and drag elements in one view and get instant feedback in all others.
- Breakpoints View: displays resizeable view for each CSS media query breakpoint of your page. Contents of large viewports are dowscaled to fit your screen size.
- Device Wall: bird’s-eye overview of device-sized viewports. In this mode, each view is scaled according to <meta name="viewport"> tag of your page and overrides User-Agent with real device value.
- Create your own devices and presets for Device Wall.
- PageSync engine synchronizes all user interaction across all viewports: not just scrolling, form fill and clicks but also mouse hover, movement and dragging.
User reviews summary
- Very useful for developing and testing responsive sites
- Allows for device-specific checks and comparisons
- Customizable views
- Slow to display models
- Has bugs that stop scrolling
- Hasn't been updated in a long time
- Responsive testing
- Viewing on different devices
- Size of text and device dimensions hard to read
Emmet Re:view is risky to use as it requires a number of sensitive permissions that can potentially harm your browser and steal your data. Exercise caution when installing this extension. Review carefully before installing. We recommend that you only install Emmet Re:view if you trust the publisher.
Emmet Re:view has earned a fairly good reputation and likely can be trusted.
Here are some Chrome extensions that are similar to Emmet Re:view: