A tool for designers to measure screen dimensions
What is Dimensions?
Dimensions is a powerful and easy-to-use Chrome extension designed specifically for designers. It allows users to measure distances and dimensions on their screens by simply moving the mouse pointer. This is especially useful for measuring the distances between various elements on a webpage, such as text, icons, buttons, and videos. With the help of simple keyboard shortcuts, users can start and stop measurements. Even to measure connected area dimensions, this tool is beneficial. It also supports PNG and JPEG mockups. Dimensions is open source, hosted on Github, and welcomes contributions from the developer community.
This extension measures the dimensions from your mouse pointer up/down and left/right until it hits a border. So if you want to measure distances between elements on a website this is perfect. It doesn't really work with images because there the colors change a lot pixel to pixel.
Images & HTML Elements
Measure between the following elements: images, input-fields, buttons, videos, gifs, text, icons. You can measure everything you see in the browser.
Your designer handed you mockups as PNGs or JPEGs? Just drop them into Chrome, activate Dimensions and start measuring.
User reviews summary
- Helpful for measuring dimensions on screen
- Useful for frontend developers and designers
- Provides great features like crosshairs that follow the mouse
- Doesn't work properly for some users
- Shows inaccurate measurements for some
- Extension stops working when the zoom level on the page is changed
- Tracking of screen dimensions
- Work functionality issues
- Provides wrong measurements
Dimensions is safe to use. It does not request any sensitive permissions.
Dimensions has earned a good reputation and can be trusted.
Here are some Chrome extensions that are similar to Dimensions: