Picture in Picture - PiP View
Watch videos in a floating PiP window (always on top of other windows) even when tab is switched.
What is Picture in Picture - PiP View?
"Picture in Picture - PiP View" is a Chrome extension that enables watching videos in a floating PiP window that stays on top of all other windows. Beneficial for multitasking, the PiP window remains visible even while tab-switching. The extension supports video content from all websites with an HTML video element, including YouTube, and works on iframes. The PiP mode can be easily activated via an in-browser button or an in-video button for YouTube.
This extension brings a PiP view to all websites with an HTML video element. The extension adds a page action button to your browser. When a page has a video element, the color of this button changes. Press the button to open the active player in the Picture-in-Picture mode (PiP Mode). This extension automatically tries to use the active player.
For YouTube, the extension also offers an in-player button next to the settings button to open the YouTube video in the picture-in-picture mode. You can use this extension to watch YouTube videos in a floating window that is on top of all other windows so tabs can be switched and still the player is visible. The floating window has play and pause buttons, and you can exit from the picture-in-picture mode anytime.
What is the Picture-in-Picture (PiP) mode: This mode lets you play any video in Picture-in-Picture (PiP) mode, and it works on all platforms. PiP is a popped-out, always-on-top video player that floats on top of other windows. You can also reposition it along the screen border while you continue to surf the internet.
- You need Chrome version >= 70 for this extension to work
- This extension works for players in iframes
- This extension is based on manifest v3
- The extension includes a script that prevents the page from leaving the Picture-in-Picture view for 2 seconds from version 0.3.2. This script helps to address issues with pages that disable the Picture-in-Picture feature or cancel the Picture-in-Picture requests.
User reviews summary
- Works seamlessly with Youtube
- minimal design
- Resizable and movable window
- Doesn't collect excess data
- Has some control features like play/pause
- Doesn't work on some platforms like Disney+
- Video can't be moved freely on Chromebook
- Flash has been discontinued
- Lack of control features
- Ad presence
- Works well on Youtube
- Desired more controls and features
- Problems with use on some devices or platforms
Picture in Picture - PiP View is risky to use as it requires a number of sensitive permissions that can potentially harm your browser and steal your data. Exercise caution when installing this extension. Review carefully before installing. We recommend that you only install Picture in Picture - PiP View if you trust the publisher.
Picture in Picture - PiP View has earned a good reputation and can be trusted.
Here are some Chrome extensions that are similar to Picture in Picture - PiP View: