Create Arduino-compatible sketches on Chromebook or Chrome Browser
What is ChromeDuino?
ChromeDuino is a Chrome extension transforming your Chromebook or browser into an Arduino development environment. It features an IDE editor to write sketches, AVRChick for uploads, and a serial terminal mode for Arduino interaction. It requires no special accounts or fees, and works well on any device with a Chrome browser. Internet connectivity is required for sketch compilation, done via a free and transparent cloud web service.
Finally you can develop Arduino applications directly on your Chromebook or in your Chrome browser! Chromeduino features an IDE environment to edit your Arduino sketch, AVRChick to upload your sketches to your Arduino, and a new serial terminal mode that lets you interact with your Arduino. No longer do you need to find a Mac or Windows PC to use your Arduino.
- Full featured IDE text editor
- Load and Save sketches right off your computer
- Interactive terminal mode
- Uploads sketches directly over USB to your Arduino
- No special accounts, access, service fees, etc.
- Works great on Chromebook, chromebox, or any computer with a chrome browser!
Coming soon in next release:
- Library support
- Multi-tab support for includes
User reviews summary
- Cannot upload or save
- Compiler server not responding
- Cannot connect to board
- Product is not supported anymore
- Hangs up on compile step
- Compiler server issues
- Unable to connect
- Product not supported
ChromeDuino is relatively safe to use as it requires very minimum permissions.
ChromeDuino has earned a fairly good reputation and likely can be trusted.
Here are some Chrome extensions that are similar to ChromeDuino: