Control Google Music, Pandora, and Spotify with a popup and keyboard shortcuts.
What is MiniPlay?
MiniPlay is a Chrome extension designed to enhance the user experience of Google Music, Pandora, and Spotify. It offers a miniplayer and keyboard shortcuts for easy playback control along with options to browse and search through your music library. In addition, MiniPlay provides Last.fm scrobbling, rich notifications, and more features for a richer musical experience. It associates user settings with the Chrome account for consistent setup across multiple devices.
MiniPlay extends Google Play Music, Pandora, and Spotify Web with keyboard shortcuts, a miniplayer, Last.fm scrobbling, rich notifications, and more!
- Control playback from a popup
- Browse and search through your library (currently only Google Music is supported)
- Global (Chrome-wide) shortcuts
- Rich notifications with actions
- Last.fm scrobbling
User reviews summary
- Simple and clean
- Works well with Google Music and Spotify
- Great for controlling music playback in browser tabs
- Good integration with keyboard function keys
- Doesn't work well with YouTube Music, Pandora or Soundcloud
- Issues maintaining state when switching tabs
- Does not refresh player or notifications
- Requires separate active tab for functionality
- Google Music
- Function key integration
- Browser tab usage
- Notification system
MiniPlay is risky to use as it requires a number of sensitive permissions that can potentially harm your browser and steal your data. Exercise caution when installing this extension. Review carefully before installing. We recommend that you only install MiniPlay if you trust the publisher.
MiniPlay has earned a good reputation and can be trusted.
Here are some Chrome extensions that are similar to MiniPlay: