Turn Off the Lights
The entire page will be fading to dark, so you can watch the videos as if you were in the cinema. Works for YouTube™ and beyond.
What is Turn Off the Lights?
'Turn Off the Lights' is a user-friendly Chrome extension that enhances your video playback experience on numerous platforms. With a single click, the surrounding page area fades to dark, focusing on the video. Plus, it offers customization like Auto HD, Wide Mode, Eye Protection and even atmosphere lighting options, giving you a unique, comfortable viewing experience reminiscent of a real cinema. Discover additional features like Flash Detection, Mouse Wheel Volume Control, Video Screen Capture and more.
With a single click on the lamp button, the page will fade to dark. And automatically focus on the video. By clicking on it again, the page will return to normal.
Turn Off the Lights is a lightweight and useful add-in designed for a more comfortable watching experience.
A few great features in this browser extension:
- Turn the lights back on, by clicking on it
- Support multiple video sites: YouTube, Dailymotion, Vimeo,... and more
- Customize your YouTube: Auto HD: Set videos to play in HD automatically. Users can select from highres > 8K > 5K > 4K > 1080p > 720p > 480p > 360p > 240p > 144p > default Auto Wide: Automatically plays the video on the widest mode ,... and more
- Easter Eggs: Shortcut key: T -> Do you like a real movie theater feeling?
- Option to make the screen dark when the user clicks on the play button
- Option to turn on/off the fade in and fade out effects
User reviews summary
- Works great with YouTube
- Helps protect eyes when browsing during night
- Can hide certain things on screen
- Too many ads
- Changes YouTube video quality to low resolution
- Accesses sensitive information like payment info, third party sign in, etc.
- Doesn't work with certain webpages like ESPN
- Doesn't invert colours, just adds a dark overlay
- Lots of pop-ups when trying to uninstall
- Helps with eye protection at night
- Accesses sensitive information
- Issue with YouTube video quality
Turn Off the Lights is risky to use as it requires a number of sensitive permissions that can potentially harm your browser and steal your data. Exercise caution when installing this extension. Review carefully before installing. We recommend that you only install Turn Off the Lights if you trust the publisher.
Turn Off the Lights has earned a good reputation and can be trusted.
Here are some Chrome extensions that are similar to Turn Off the Lights: