Speak It app converts text into speech. Select text > Speak it
Speak It is available to install from Chrome Web Store and for download from this page. It has 73,199 weekly active users The latest version is 1.1.3, and it was published 3 months ago.
Total download count: 6
All available versions
You can find the current and older versions of Speak It here. You can download the archived versions or inspect their source codes.
As a free user, you can access up to 5 versions. Subscribe to the paid version of ChromeStats to access more available versions.
|1.1.3||Sign in to download||164.38K||0||2022-12-20|
|1.1.2||Upgrade subscription to download older files||192.75K||0||2022-11-12|
|1.1.1||Upgrade subscription to download older files||192.90K||5||2022-02-09|
|1.1.0||Upgrade subscription to download older files||192.75K||1||2020-09-13|
How to install Speak It from a CRX file
- Download the Speak It CRX file .
- NOTE: Sometimes the browser may block downloading / installing CRX file from outside the Chrome Web Store. If so, you may need to download the ZIP file instead.
- In the URL bar, go to
- Enable Developer mode
- Drag and drop the downloaded Speak It CRX file into the Extensions page
- When prompted, click Add extension to install Speak It.
How to install Speak It from a ZIP file
- Download and unpack the Speak It ZIP file to a directory of your choice.
- In Chrome browser, go to
- Enable Developer mode.
- Click on the Load Unpacked button.
- Select the directory of with the unpacked Speak It ZIP file from step 1. Speak It is now installed on your browser.
Here are some Chrome extensions that are similar to Speak It:
Read Aloud: A Text to Speech Voice Reader
User count: 4,750,980
Read aloud the current web-page article with one click, using text to speech (TTS). Supports 40+ languages.
Read me - Text to Speech TTS
User count: 344,578
Convert text into natural-sounding speech! Read out loud the contents of any webpage, PDF file, or e-book using text-to-speech…
User count: 461
Right click and select the text you want us to speak out.