SpeakIt! - Text to speech for Chrome
Tired of reading? Select text you want to read and listen to it. SpeakIt converts text into speech so you no longer need to read.
What is SpeakIt! - Text to speech for Chrome?
SpeakIt! - Text to speech for Chrome is a user-friendly extension that uses TTS technology for reading out selected text in over 50 languages. It features language auto-detection and requires a simple click to start listening. After you've selected your text, the number of sentences ready for reading is displayed on the icon. Pausing is also simple, making it an efficient, versatile tool for those who prefer listening to reading. Its enhanced usability and broad language support have fostered its growth as a preferred text-to-speech tool.
SpeakIt! is free text to speech extension that reads selected text using TTS technology with language auto-detection. It can read text in more than 50 languages.
- First select the text you want it to read.
- Then click the icon to start listening.
- When it is ready to read, the number of sentences is shown on the icon.
- To stop listening at any time click pause
After installation you may need to restart Chrome so SpeakIt can function correctly
This extension uses Google text-to-speech service. Please visit http://goo.gl/OOVgp to see if it is accessible to you.
User reviews summary
- Useful for studying and proofreading
- Can change voice in extension option
- Natural sounding
- Inconsistent functionality, often stops or skips parts of text
- Issues with voice quality
- Doesn't seem to work on Google Docs
- Voice changes and quality
- Absence of reading full text
- Useful for educational purposes
SpeakIt! - Text to speech for Chrome is relatively safe to use as it requires very minimum permissions.
SpeakIt! - Text to speech for Chrome has earned a fairly good reputation and likely can be trusted.
Here are some Chrome extensions that are similar to SpeakIt! - Text to speech for Chrome: