Client support for Privacy Pass anonymous authorization protocol.
What is Privacy Pass?
Privacy Pass is a helpful Chrome extension designed with the aim of providing users with unlinkable cryptographic tokens for websites that support their protocol. It aids in anonymous authorization on such sites, specifically those protected by Cloudflare and hCaptcha. The purpose of this extension is to replace the need for solving CAPTCHAs by letting users redeem tokens, thus saving time and enhancing user experience.
This extension provides unlinkable cryptographic tokens for websites that support the Privacy Pass protocol. For example, these tokens can be used on Cloudflare-protected websites to redeem a token instead of solving a CAPTCHA.
How it works?
Privacy Pass Providers: Cloudflare and hCaptcha
- Click on the extension icon, and click on top of one of the providers.
- One page will open with a CAPTCHA to be solved.
- Solve successfully the CAPTCHA and the extenison will get some tokens.
- When a page shows a CAPTCHA from one of the providers,
User reviews summary
- Helps to skip captchas quickly if passes are available
- Worked well on Firefox
- Fastens the verify process
- Does not hide or block captchas
- Does not work with all browsers or websites
- Issues with obtaining hCaptcha passes
- May cause some sites to break
- Some users claim it is a waste of time and does not work
- Issues with the hCaptcha bypass
- Incompatibility with some browsers like Vivaldi
- Conflicts with Cloudflare protected sites
Privacy Pass is risky to use as it requires a number of sensitive permissions that can potentially harm your browser and steal your data. Exercise caution when installing this extension. Review carefully before installing. We recommend that you only install Privacy Pass if you trust the publisher.
Privacy Pass has earned a fairly good reputation and likely can be trusted.
Here are some Chrome extensions that are similar to Privacy Pass: