Japanese dictionary with Anki integration
What is Yomichan?
'Yomichan' is a browser extension designed specially to assist learners of the Japanese language. With its high-quality dictionary, EPWING and flashcard support, it transforms your reading experience by enabling interpretation of complex Japanese texts. Furthermore, it integrates well with Anki, facilitating an effective language learning process.
Yomichan turns your browser into a tool for building Japanese language literacy by helping you to decipher texts which would be otherwise too difficult tackle. It features a robust dictionary with EPWING and flashcard creation support.
User reviews summary
- Very useful for learning Japanese
- Integrates with Anki for easy card making
- Popup dictionary is highly appreciated
- Recent bug causing display issues in Chrome
- Yomichan is no longer being updated or maintained
- Some find it tedious and unoptimized
- Known issues with display cropping in Chrome
- Compatibility with Anki for study card creation
- Appreciation for the developers' work
Yomichan is risky to use as it requires a number of sensitive permissions that can potentially harm your browser and steal your data. Exercise caution when installing this extension. Review carefully before installing. We recommend that you only install Yomichan if you trust the publisher.
Yomichan has earned a good reputation and can be trusted.
Here are some Chrome extensions that are similar to Yomichan: