Read ePubs in a reader view style window, convert into PDF or use text to speech
What is ePub Viewer?
ePub Viewer is a Chrome extension enabling users to easily access, open and render ePub and OPF files in a browser tab. It utilizes the versatile 'Reader View' interface offering multiple color schemes, adjustable font size and type, and includes a full-screen mode. It also includes a text-to-speech function and saves the current page number and book URL for continued reading. Importantly, ePub Viewer allows for the display of a book's Table of Contents, facilitating swift navigation to any chapter.
ePub Reader extension adds a context menu item to the browser link context to open and render *.epub and *.opf files in a browser tab for easy access without the need to install a native software. This extension uses the "Reader View" interface which offers three color schemes (light, dark and sepia). The user can change font size and family from the left side panel. It is also possible to view the eBook in full-screen mode. Table of Content is also displayed to let the user jump to a chapter easily.
- This extension stores the current page number and the book URL in the address bar, so if this address is opened in a new tab, the book at the current position will be opened. This is useful to continue reading a book later.
Change Log: 0.1.3: Load from local *.epub and *.opf files Display loading percentage.
User reviews summary
- Very fast and easy to use
- Works very well, being cited as the best some users have used
- Doesn't allow access to local files via URLs
- No button to add files, only drag and drop option
- Doesn't include text to speech feature or convert to PDF
- Issues loading the epub book
- Some users couldn't use it at all
- Issues with drag and drop function
- Lack of other features like text to speech and convert to PDF
- Difficulty in loading books
ePub Viewer may not be safe to use and it requires some risky permissions. Exercise caution when installing this extension. Review carefully before installing.
ePub Viewer has earned a good reputation and can be trusted.
Here are some Chrome extensions that are similar to ePub Viewer: