Download Accelerator & Manager
Easily manage and accelerate your downloads up to 5 times!
What is Download Accelerator & Manager?
"Download Accelerator & Manager" is a Chrome extension that utilizes multi-threading to speed up downloads. It divides large files into sections, downloading them concurrently for efficiency. Task addition and controlling thread count is simple through user interface. Max thread count set at 5.
Download Accelerator & Manager is an extension that enables you to download large files with the multi-threaded method.
It divides the input file into several sections and then downloads all sections in parallel. Just enter the desired thread count in the interface and then add a new download task. You can add a new download task through the interface (top-section) or simply right-click on a desired download link and then click on the - Download with Accelerator - item in the context menu.
Note: after adding a new URL, please adjust the number of threads. Also note that currently, the maximum number of threads is 5.
If you have a feature request or found a bug to report, please fill out the bug report form on the addon's homepage (https://mybrowseraddon.com/download-accelerator-manager.html).
User reviews summary
- Clean organization and function
- Not a resource hog
- Improves connection, even when it was previously broken
- Can achieve speed acceleration on websites that don't throttle on a client basis
- No annoying ads, relies on a harmless donation button
- The user interface is lacking, making it harder to use
- Some websites reduce speed if more than one connection is made, so the overall speed can be slower than a single connection
- The extension is buggy, particularly with file naming and handling
- Issue with finding the downloaded file, as they sometimes don't appear in the designated 'Downloads' folder
- Sometimes, the file can be corrupted on resume
- Clean and organized
- Issues with speed acceleration on some websites
- Problems with the user interface
- Expected more threads for download
- Some files end up missing or corrupted
Download Accelerator & Manager may not be safe to use and it requires some risky permissions. Exercise caution when installing this extension. Review carefully before installing.
Download Accelerator & Manager has earned a good reputation and can be trusted.
Here are some Chrome extensions that are similar to Download Accelerator & Manager: