Where's My Book?
The missing search for Google Play Books
What is Where's My Book??
'Where's My Book?' is a useful Chrome extension for book lovers. It addresses the long-standing deficit of searching within uploaded Google Play Books. With the extension, a search box becomes available, allowing users to instantly filter loaded Google Books results by title or author. The extension even shows how many books match the current filter and how many books are present towards your quota of 1000.
Filter Google Play Books by title or author.
For far too long, we have been burdened by not being able to search our uploaded Google Play Books results.
Installing the extension, you are now presented with a search box, that upon typing, filters your currently loaded Google Books results by title or author. Not great, but it's a vast improvement, IMO.
** New in version 1.3.1** Another fix. Today I noticed the extension not showing up at all. Figured out it was buried under the other UI. Increased the z-index so it sits on top again.
** New in version 1.3.0** Fixed broken functionality of extension. Google updated the way they generate CSS class names on the page, which completely broke the functionality of the extension and will make it more difficult to main going forward.
** New in version 1.2.0 **
- Tooltip to inform you how many books match your current filter and how many books you currently have loaded. In the course of developing this extension, I have discovered there is a limit to 1000 books you are allow to upload to Google Books. Therefore, this extension, once all your books are loaded, shows you how many you have toward your quota of 1000.
User reviews summary
- Helps organize and easily search Google Play Books library
- Timesaver as user can quickly find books
- Extension fills a gap that Google Play Books interface lacks
- Has stopped working or is broken for some users
- slow speed
- Does not match the existing UI style and components
- Greatly improves Google Play Books experience
- Useful and helps locate books easier
- Stopped working or became dysfunctional
Where's My Book? may not be safe to use and it requires some risky permissions. Exercise caution when installing this extension. Review carefully before installing.
Where's My Book? has earned a good reputation and can be trusted.
Here are some Chrome extensions that are similar to Where's My Book?: