Sort feedly articles by likes & shares !
What is Smartnews?
Smartnews is a Chrome extension that allows you to sort your Feedly articles by likes and shares. With Smartnews, you can make your reading experience more efficient by easily finding the most popular articles in your feed. Simply click on a feed or feed folder in Feedly, and Smartnews will load and sort the articles in descending order based on their likes and shares. Additionally, you can mark feeds as read and automatically get the unread count for each new feed. Smartnews also provides the functionality to reload specific feeds if the sorting is not correct or articles are mixed up. The IP address location API is sponsored by https://ipapi.co, and cross-browser testing is sponsored by Browserstack.com.
Project Link: https://github.com/openbin/smartnews
- Click a feed or feed folder in Feedly
- Click the downward arrow on the top right of your feeds. It'll take a second or two to load likes/shares for all the articles and sort them in descending order.
- Make sure you change layout to "Titles" from the cogwheel. It can be permanently set under "Preference > Default View" at the bottom of the left side navigation pane.
- Additionally, next to each feed, there's a red upward/downward arrow. You can hit that to 'mark as read' all feeds above/below respectively.
- When you click on a new feed, it automatically gets the unread count unless you have manually altered the number of feeds to sort.
- Update : If sorting is not correct or articles are mixed up from previous feed, reload that particular feed.
IP address location API sponsored by https://ipapi.co
Cross browser testing is sponsored by Browserstack.com
Smartnews may not be safe to use and it requires some risky permissions. Exercise caution when installing this extension. Review carefully before installing.
Smartnews may not be trust-worthy. Avoid installing if possible unless you really trust this publisher.
Here are some Chrome extensions that are similar to Smartnews: