YouTube Audio/Video Sync
Fix wireless audio streaming delay for YouTube
What is YouTube Audio/Video Sync?
"YouTube Audio/Video Sync" is a Chrome Extension which helps to balance the audio-video delay experienced while streaming YouTube content to wireless devices. It's efficient for any video that seems out of sync, enables manual delay adjustment, and offers an auto-toggle option for when the audio device is connected. The lip sync struggle can also be kept under control with specified settings. However, it does not support YouTube Live Videos and only works on youtube.com.
There is always a delay when streaming audio from your device to a receiver (Apple TV, AirPlay speakers, Sonos, Network Player, TuneBlade, Bluetooth, etc.). This is not a big issue when streaming music but any video will become out of sync. This Chrome Extension attempts to solve this problem for YouTube.
The extension allows adjusting to a positive delay as well as a negative one making it possible also to correct any YouTube video that has been uploaded out of sync.
One time set up:
- Go to options
- Click on "Find your system's delay"
- A sound will be played, listen and press the button when you hear the last beep
- The approximate delay will be filled in "Global Audio Delay (ms)"
- Play a YouTube video and check if you are satisfied with the sync. If it is not perfectly in sync, repeat the steps above or adjust the delay value manually and save. You can do this from the Options page or directly from the YouTube player
- You can enable/disable the sync adjustment from the YouTube player or by clicking on the extension's icon in the toolbar.
- Auto toggle extension when audio device is connected
- The selectable delay value is limited to 5000ms in either direction but you can change this when you go to More Options: Maximum Selectable Delay (ms)
User reviews summary
- Helps solve audio delay issues with Bluetooth and other audio devices
- Simple and easy to use
- Has adjustable audio and video delay
- Issues with recent Chrome updates
- Sometimes no sound when extension is enabled
- Inconsistent performance with audio sometimes cutting out
- Works well with Bluetooth devices
- Problems with recent Chrome updates
- Inconsistency with audio output
YouTube Audio/Video Sync is risky to use as it requires a number of sensitive permissions that can potentially harm your browser and steal your data. Exercise caution when installing this extension. Review carefully before installing. We recommend that you only install YouTube Audio/Video Sync if you trust the publisher.
YouTube Audio/Video Sync is very likely to contain malware and should not be trusted. Avoid installing.
Here are some Chrome extensions that are similar to YouTube Audio/Video Sync: