Split your screen and stream multiple tabs at once to your Chromecast Device
What is SplitCast?
SplitCast is a unique Chrome extension designed to increase your multimedia experience. It lets you display two or more websites in a single tab and stream them directly to your Chromecast device. With a plethora of features such as the ability to resize each window, automatic memory of settings, customizable screen layouts, and more, users can significantly enhance their browsing and casting. However, due to iFrame technology limitations, some websites might have framing restrictions or not function altogether. Despite this, SplitCast remains a free, versatile, and valuable tool for all Chromecast users.
Real Split Screen in one window! Now it's possible and it's super easy. The biggest advantage of SplitCast is that it allows you to stream multiple websites to your TV via Chromecast. Add, remove, resize, re-order, make a full screen, change automatically after X seconds - everything that and more in one tab.
CHANGELOG Update v1.27 (20.10.2019)
- added possibility to set a custom name for each site (new field in Add/Edit modal)
Update v1.26 (20.09.2019)
- fixed the problem with tab selector not working
- improved the youtube link recognizer mechanism
Update v1.25 (13.09.2019)
- bug fixes
User reviews summary
- Allows streaming multiple tabs at once
- Easy to install and use
- Useful for monitoring various data sources on one display
- Issues experienced with choppy/lagging streams and lack of volume control
- Does not support local files
- Does not support Twitch
- Inability to preserve URLs
- Functionality to stream multiple tabs or sources at once
- Easy to set up and use
- Would like better control over display (locking scroll level, full screen without border)
SplitCast is risky to use as it requires a number of sensitive permissions that can potentially harm your browser and steal your data. Exercise caution when installing this extension. Review carefully before installing. We recommend that you only install SplitCast if you trust the publisher.
SplitCast has earned a good reputation and can be trusted.
Here are some Chrome extensions that are similar to SplitCast: