GIPHY for Chrome
All the GIFs and Stickers from GIPHY.com in a compact extension. Just search, then drag and drop!
What is GIPHY for Chrome?
GIPHY for Chrome is an extension that provides access to GIPHY's database of exciting GIFs and stickers. It allows users to search for their desired GIFs then drag and drop them onto their target site, making it quick and convenient. Note that the loadability of images depends on the target site. Also, for better image quality outside the browser, drag the larger preview image. To enhance your email correspondence with lovely GIFs, search for 'GIPHY for Gmail' extension.
GIPHY's search engine at your fingertips. Search for the coolest GIFs and Stickers, and then drag and drop to your target.
Drag and drop support depends on the website you are dropping on, they may correctly display the GIF, or they may insert a link.
If dragging outside the browser, first "click" on a GIF to see the large view and then drag the high res image. In the browser, dragging the small images is okay, it will still insert the large image, but outside the browser you'll need to drag the large image as what is dropped is beyond our control.
Using Gmail? We have an extension for that as well! Search for "GIPHY for Gmail".
Please contact our support if you have any issues: email@example.com
Learn about GIPHY's privacy practices here: http://giphy.com/privacy
User reviews summary
- Works well for chats and social media
- Has a variety of 3D animated emojis and Custom text 3d animated
- Helps in rapid GIF loading on Facebook
- Users encounter problems with dragging and dropping
- Problems with using it on Google slides
- Some users are unable to send a gif, only sends an image instead
- No 'favorites' tab to store most used gifs
- Drag and drop issues
- Use in social media and chats
- Problems sending gifs instead of images
GIPHY for Chrome is relatively safe to use as it requires very minimum permissions.
GIPHY for Chrome has earned a good reputation and can be trusted.
Here are some Chrome extensions that are similar to GIPHY for Chrome: