Click to Remove Element
Remove annoying elements with a single click
What is Click to Remove Element?
"Click to Remove Element" is a user-friendly and customizable Chrome extension that empowers users to clean their online viewing space by removing unnecessary elements from websites. This extension goes beyond advertisement blockers and allows users to remove anything they find distracting. Aided with features like keyboard shortcut activation, the power to remember removed elements per site, working seamlessly with iframes, and minimal memory usage, it also provides additional features for power users. Updates include preview of removed elements and an undo function.
Allows you to remove any element from a website. Temporarily or permanently. Be it an advertisment missed by your ad-blocker, fixed menu, distracting GIF image, overly animated slideshow or anything else getting in your way.
- easily remove multiple elements in a row (no need for a cumbersome context menu)
- highlights elements under the cursor
- customizable keyboard shortcut for activation
- remember removed elements for a particular website or hide only temporarily
- works flawlessly with iframes, embeds and ads
- minimal memory and performance footprint
- power user feature - customize CSS selectors
New in v3:
- preview which elements were removed
- use space to remove elements resistant to mouse clicks
- improved CSS selectors
User reviews summary
- Ability to block ads and unwanted elements on websites
- Does not get detected by sites that block adblockers
- Ability to remember the elements you choose to hide for future visits
- Useful for improving user experience by removing distractions or unnecessary content
- Simple to use and comes with handy keyboard shortcuts
- Does not work on all elements, especially on YouTube
- The control pane of the extension can block elements you want to remove as it is fixed in one corner
- Some users experience bugs and unnecessary repetitive prompts in the latest version
- Lacks the feature to hide/unhide elements easily
- Issues with compatibility on some browsers or devices, like mobiles
- Blocks/removes unwanted page elements effectively
- Remember feature that saves the elements to hide for future visits
- Requests to improve the control pane's placement/functionality
- Desire to hide/unhide elements easily
- Problems with functionality on YouTube and other specific sites.
Click to Remove Element may not be safe to use and it requires some risky permissions. Exercise caution when installing this extension. Review carefully before installing.
Click to Remove Element is probably trust-worthy. Prefer other publishers if available. Exercise caution when installing this extension.
Here are some Chrome extensions that are similar to Click to Remove Element: