Create and edit XLS spreadsheets
What is XLS Editor?
XLS Editor is a Chrome extension that empowers users to create, view, and edit XLS and XLSX spreadsheets directly in their browser. This extension offers advanced features like styles management, searching texts, inserting and deleting rows/columns, spreadsheet functions, and exporting to PDF. Moreover, it handles Open Office format ODS and is integrated with LibreOffice Online and a file manager. It is capable of operating with multiple spreadsheet formats, including text and CSV files. The platform utilized is OffiDocs, offering free online service and premium, on-premises deployments.
XLS Editor is an extension that allows to create, edit and view any Microsoft Excel document in both XLS and XLSX format. It also handles the standard Open Office format ODS. It is an integration with LibreOffice Online and a file manager. It is a spreadsheet editor integrated with our file manager to manage only XLS, XLSX and ODS file types with this online app.
XLS Editor main features are:
- A direct link to create xls, xlsx or off spreadsheets with this XLS Editor.
- It intercepts when you access to xls, xlsx, csv or odf spreadsheets, and it automatically opens it directly using this XLS Editor.
- Edit and view XLS spreadsheets written using OpenOffice Calc, LibreOffice Calc or Microsoft Excel.
- Styles management.
- Font sizes.
- Font colours.
- Background colours.
- Search for texts.
- Insert columns / rows / tables / images..
- Delete rows / columns.
- Advanced find & replace / regular expressions / special characters.
User reviews summary
- Easy to use
- Good for editing spreadsheets
- Comparative to other platforms
- Difficult to open an existing file
- Does not save changes
- Language support issues
- Functionality issues
- Language support
- File saving issues
XLS Editor is risky to use as it requires a number of sensitive permissions that can potentially harm your browser and steal your data. Exercise caution when installing this extension. Review carefully before installing. We recommend that you only install XLS Editor if you trust the publisher.
XLS Editor has earned a good reputation and can be trusted.
Here are some Chrome extensions that are similar to XLS Editor: