Easy Screenshot - a Web Clipper
all-in-on capturing tool for the visual part, the entire page, or a selective area with auto-scrolling and editing support
What is Easy Screenshot - a Web Clipper?
Easy Screenshot - a Web Clipper is a user-friendly chrome extension for capturing screenshots. This tool offers options to capture entire screens, visual parts or selected areas, supported by auto-scrolling when the page size exceeds the window size. Additionally, it features an integrated online paint editor that allows offline editing of images. Saved in high-resolution PNG format, the images come without watermarks, ensuring compatibility across devices, while also allowing users to personalize the format of the filenames.
You can capture screenshots from the active tab with just two clicks. It provides multiple options for capturing specific portions of the page, the visual viewport, or even the entire page if it extends beyond the screen with both vertical and horizontal scroll bars. The captured image can be saved to the default download directory, copied to the clipboard, or opened in an online paint editor. The extension currently integrates JSPaint, a web-based replica of MS Paint, which offers offline functionality, allowing you to edit your images without an internet connection.
The extension adds a toolbar button to the browser's action area. Clicking on this button opens a popup window with three options:
- Capture the Entire Screen
- Capture Visual Part
- Capture a Portion
These options are also accessible via the right-click context menu on any page, providing easy access to the screenshot functionality.
Here are some additional notes about the extension:
- When selecting the "Capture Entire Screen" option, and the page size exceeds the window size, the extension will automatically scroll through the entire page to capture different sections and merge them into a single image. This process may take a few seconds to complete.
- The resolution of the captured image depends on the screen resolution. For instance, if you have a 4K display, such as a Retina display, the image resolution will be at least four times higher than a regular display.
- To ensure compatibility across various devices, the extension saves all captured screenshots in the widely supported PNG format, which offers high-quality lossless images.
- The extension does NOT add watermarks to the captured images.
- If you prefer to customize the format of the filenames for downloaded images, you can visit the options page and utilize the "filename mask" option to make the desired changes.
User reviews summary
- Easy to use
- Quick snapshots
- Works with diverse browsers like Opera and Chrome
- Simple and user friendly
- Uncomplicated with varying methods for capturing full or partial pages
- Stopped working for some users
- Does not work with Chrome version below 88
- Doesn't capture portions of a screen
- Can't copy to clipboard
- Selected portion doesn't work well as the page doesn't scroll up and down
- Quick and Easy
- Works well with different browsers
- Issue with capturing selected portions
- User friendly
- Stopped working for some users
Easy Screenshot - a Web Clipper is relatively safe to use as it requires very minimum permissions.
Easy Screenshot - a Web Clipper has earned a good reputation and can be trusted.
Here are some Chrome extensions that are similar to Easy Screenshot - a Web Clipper: