Compose Key for Chrome OS
What is ComposeKey?
ComposeKey is a unique Chrome extension that adds numerous keyboard layouts featuring a compose key to Chrome OS. The compose key allows entering special and non-standard characters via keyboard shortcuts. For details on the sequences or how to change the compose key, visit the related GitHub page.
This extension adds several keyboard layouts with a compose key to Chrome OS.
For a list of compose key sequences or how to change the compose key, see https://github.com/google/extra-keyboards-for-chrome-os/tree/master/composekey.
User reviews summary
- Useful for keyboard layouts like Dvorak
- Provides a compose key for users used to it on other platforms
- Option to use Caps Lock as the Compose key
- Doesn't work on certain versions of Chrome OS
- Uses a lot of RAM
- Difficult to set up and use
- No option to set as default keyboard on ChromeOS
- No option to add custom compose keys
- Not working on certain versions of Chrome OS
- Difficulty in setting up and using
- The use of the right alt key to activate the function
ComposeKey is safe to use. It does not request any sensitive permissions.
ComposeKey has earned a good reputation and can be trusted.
Here are some Chrome extensions that are similar to ComposeKey: