This is extension let you to easily find color by it name. Also you can input color value in hex, rgb and hsv.
What is Color Space?
Color Space is a unique color-picker Chrome extension that allows you to search and match colors based on given names, hex, rgb, hsv values. It also offers an extensive database of around 1000 color names, both creative and conventional. Other unique features include an automatic indication of color values, a display of 4 closest hues, panels for remembering your selected colors, and a color dictionary in English and Russian. Source code accessible for open source contribution.
Color Space - this is unusual color picker. Did you know that a lot of colors has its own names, such as "Peach", "Khaki", "Mountbatten Pink," "Olive green Krayola," and even those funny names like "Frog in a swoon." This extension allows you to find the color of its name. Just imagine, in the database there is about 1000 colors! In addition, you can choose the color for the hex, rgb, hsv values or by using the color tool, and extension at the same time you will pick the closest color name.
- Search for colors with autocomplete (database is present around 1000 values)
- Automatic indication rgb, hsv and hex values of color, as well as their location on the color tool.
- Display of 4 closest to the primary color.
- Easy navigation with beautiful color picker.
- Selection of the closest color name on the entered rgb, hsv or hex values
- Panel to remember your chosen color.
- Two color dictionary: English and Russian.
This extension is opensource and the source code can be found at: https://github.com/northerneyes/ColorFinder Version 1.3:
- Add English color dictionary!
User reviews summary
- Color Space is described as a simple and efficient tool to use.
- It helps in determining color names for better description in stories.
- Preferred by programmers for identifying similar colors.
- Viewed as an excellent tool in the field of web designing.
- Lacks a color picker function which users deem could improve the tool.
- The automatic language setting is Russian which bewilders some users.
- Does not have a feature that allows clipboard transferability to Pixlr.
- Users consistently request for the addition of a 'color picker' or 'pipette' function.
- Some users expressed interest in using Color Space as a popup.
Color Space is safe to use. It does not request any sensitive permissions.
Color Space has earned a fairly good reputation and likely can be trusted.
Here are some Chrome extensions that are similar to Color Space: