Simplifies the GitHub interface and adds useful features
What is Refined GitHub?
Refined GitHub is a comprehensive Chrome extension designed to simplify the GitHub interface and add over 200 useful features. It enhances readability by linkifying issue references and URLs in the code and reducing tab size. It also enhances convenience by adding a one-click merge conflict fixers and a button for reverting changes to files in a PR. Additionally, it shows PRs that affect the current file, highlights pertinent comments, shows the first Git tag included in a merged PR, and provides a link to an automatic changelog for each tag or release. It even adds potential related pages and alternatives on 404 pages, aside from displaying the repository's age.
- Linkifies issue/PR references and URLs in code.
- Makes whitespace characters visible.
- Reduces tabs’ size to 4 spaces instead of 8.
- Adds one-click merge conflict fixers.
- Adds reaction avatars showing who reacted to a comment.
- Adds a button to revert all the changes to a file in a PR.
- Adds a build/CI status icon next to the repo’s name.
- Adds a button to view the source of Markdown files.
- Shows PRs that touch the current file.
- Highlights the most useful comment in conversations.
- Shows the first Git tag a merged PR was included in.
- Adds a link to an automatic changelog for each tag/release.
- Adds possible related pages and alternatives on 404 pages.
- Displays the age of the repository in the sidebar.
User reviews summary
- Improves productivity for regular GitHub users
- Many features and constant updates
- Enhances GitHub usability and interface
- The feature to download directories
- Can slow down Chrome
- Some find it too intrusive or unnecessary
- Causes bugs and errors for some users
- Some dissatisfaction with default behaviors
- Can break certain GitHub pages
- Improves GitHub interface
- Has many features
- Causes bugs or slows down browser
- Regular updates and large community
Refined GitHub may not be safe to use and it requires some risky permissions. Exercise caution when installing this extension. Review carefully before installing.
Refined GitHub has earned a good reputation and can be trusted.
Here are some Chrome extensions that are similar to Refined GitHub: