ReadSpeaker® TextAid for Chrome
ReadSpeaker TextAid Browser Extension
What is ReadSpeaker® TextAid for Chrome?
ReadSpeaker® TextAid for Chrome is an advanced text-to-speech extension which improves content comprehension by reading out loud in a natural sounding voice. It provides reading assistance for entire pages or selected sections in multiple languages. Features include personalized settings for reading speed and color combinations with a user-friendly interface. It requires a ReadSpeaker TextAid account for access.
Listening to the web is easy! Use text-to-speech for reading, writing and studying.
Whether for school, work, or home, having text read out loud in a natural sounding voice while following along with highlighted text improves comprehension and allows you to consume content as you prefer. Just select, click and listen and ReadSpeaker TextAid for Chrome™ allows you to listen to web pages, Google Docs and Microsoft Word Online pages. Even listen as you write.
ReadSpeaker TextAid for Chrome enables a toolbox* giving you text-to-speech capabilities such as:
- Listening to web pages, Google Docs and Microsoft Word Online pages.
- Listening as you follow along with the highlighted text
- Reading selected sections or entire pages
- Writing assistance tools
- Personalized settings for highlighting, reading speed, color combinations
- User friendly interface
- Available in American, British and Australian English, Latvian, Dutch, Belgian Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Spanish and Swedish.
*Please make sure that you are logged into your ReadSpeaker TextAid account.
User reviews summary
- Easy to use and has a good flow
- Works well with all web pages and content types
- Useful in conjunction with a TextAid subscription
- Good support
- Allows listening to Google Docs & WordOnline files with one click
- Requires an account to use and sign in process can be problematic
- Doesn't start reading out loud automatically
- Only reads the first 130 words of the selected text
- Doesn't work for some users
- No free or extensive use without registration
- Registration requirement and associated challenges
- Limited text reading capacity (130 words)
- Usefulness when used with a TextAid subscription
- Functional challenges (not working/loading for some users)
- Use with Google Docs & WordOnline files
ReadSpeaker® TextAid for Chrome is risky to use as it requires a number of sensitive permissions that can potentially harm your browser and steal your data. Exercise caution when installing this extension. Review carefully before installing. We recommend that you only install ReadSpeaker® TextAid for Chrome if you trust the publisher.
ReadSpeaker® TextAid for Chrome is probably trust-worthy. Prefer other publishers if available. Exercise caution when installing this extension.
Here are some Chrome extensions that are similar to ReadSpeaker® TextAid for Chrome: