Minimal but Useful Scrollbars
What is Minimal Scrollbar?
Minimal Scrollbar is a unique Chrome extension that offers a simpler yet utilitarian browsing experience by turning your regular scrollbars into minimalist designs which are transparent, increase in size when you hover over them, and auto-hide when you're not using them. However, some Google web services like Gmail, Groups, and ChromeStore are exempted.
Turn your scrollbars to minimal designed. These are un-minimized on hover, so you can grasp easily!
- transparent background for body's scrollbars and scrollbar-tracks
- Increase scrollbar-size on hover, and minimize on hover-out
- auto-hide scrollbars when idle
- exclude some Google web services (Gmail, Groups, ChromeStore) for now.
Thanks everyone for your comments and suggestions, keep them coming!
Bug & Suggestions https://github.com/iaarchiver/MinimalScrollbar
User reviews summary
- Minimal and cleaner design
- Works well for many years
- Easy to use
- Very handy and reliable
- Needs updates as it doesn't work on some newer versions of Chrome
- Doesn't autohide well on many sites
- Interferes with dragging on some websites
- Not working for some users
- It doesn’t work well with other add-ons
- Autohide feature not working well
- Conflicts with other extensions or themes
- Scrollbar doesn't work on certain websites
- Lack of updates
Minimal Scrollbar may not be safe to use and it requires some risky permissions. Exercise caution when installing this extension. Review carefully before installing.
Minimal Scrollbar has earned a good reputation and can be trusted.
Here are some Chrome extensions that are similar to Minimal Scrollbar: