Removes black bars on ultrawide videos and offers advanced options to fix aspect ratio.
Ultrawidify is available to install from Chrome Web Store and for download from this page. It has 55,176 weekly active users The latest version is 5.1.6, and it was published 2 months ago.
Total download count: 38
All available versions
You can find the current and older versions of Ultrawidify here. You can download the archived versions or inspect their source codes.
As a free user, you can access up to 5 versions. Subscribe to the paid version of ChromeStats to access more available versions.
How to install Ultrawidify from a CRX file
- Download the Ultrawidify CRX file .
- NOTE: Sometimes the browser may block downloading / installing CRX file from outside the Chrome Web Store. If so, you may need to download the ZIP file instead.
- In the URL bar, go to
- Enable Developer mode
- Drag and drop the downloaded Ultrawidify CRX file into the Extensions page
- When prompted, click Add extension to install Ultrawidify.
How to install Ultrawidify from a ZIP file
- Download and unpack the Ultrawidify ZIP file to a directory of your choice.
- In Chrome browser, go to
- Enable Developer mode.
- Click on the Load Unpacked button.
- Select the directory of with the unpacked Ultrawidify ZIP file from step 1. Ultrawidify is now installed on your browser.
Here are some Chrome extensions that are similar to Ultrawidify:
Zoom to Fill - Ultrawide Video
User count: 103,943
Removes videos black bars on Netflix, Amazon Prime, Disney Plus, HBO Max, Youtube by changing to ultrawide video aspect ratio.
YouTube Aspect Ratio Control
Publisher: Andrei Felix
User count: 11,194
Resizer and aspect ratio changer for YouTube videos.
User count: 158,914
Allows wider than average screens (eg.21:9) to play online video content and fit the screen properly in fullscreen mode.