Gif Delayer delays playing gifs until they are fully downloaded.
What is Gif Delayer?
'Gif Delayer' is a Chrome extension designed to solve that annoying problem of gifs starting to play before they're fully downloaded. It hides gifs until they load completely, ensuring a smoother and uninterrupted viewing experience. It is continually updated, fixing issues and enhancing performance for a quality user experience.
Gif Delayer solves one of the dumbest first-world problems by hiding all gifs until they have fully loaded. Never again will you have to see stuttering gifs that start playing before being fully downloaded. And you will no longer have to wait until a gif loops to see the beginning.
- Fix issue with gif urls not showing gif and prevent fetching of 'undefined' images.
- display gif's total size while loading when available
- fix bug preventing standalone gifs from ever loading
- fix bug overriding default gif styling on certain websites
User reviews summary
- The only delayer available
- Used to function well
- Excellent for forums
- Causes images not to load on some sites
- Breaks image loading on Kinja and Tumblr
- Breaks emojis in WhatsApp web chat
- Causes layout glitches on websites
- GIFs still choppy
- Works fine previously, but recently causing issues
- Breaks images on certain websites
- Used to work but now causing glitches
Gif Delayer is risky to use as it requires a number of sensitive permissions that can potentially harm your browser and steal your data. Exercise caution when installing this extension. Review carefully before installing. We recommend that you only install Gif Delayer if you trust the publisher.
Gif Delayer has earned a fairly good reputation and likely can be trusted.
Here are some Chrome extensions that are similar to Gif Delayer: