Watch video using Picture-in-Picture
What is Picture-in-Picture?
The 'Picture-in-Picture' extension is a smart tool allowing the user to minimize playing video to the screen's corner, floating over other tabs for an uninterrupted viewing experience while channeling through the web. Enable specific Chrome flags for a complete and seamless experience.
Update Version 1.2
- Fixed Picture In Picture for Facebook "Watch".
- Add feature save link website and manage facebook video saved.
Watch video using Picture-in-Picture This extension will enable Chrome's picture-in-picture feature allowing you to minimize playing video to the corner of the screen and have it float on top of other tabs so you can continue watching while you browse the internet.
The following flags MUST be enabled in chrome://flags for this extension to work: chrome://flags/#enable-experimental-web-platform-features. chrome://flags/#enable-surfaces-for-videos. chrome://flags/#enable-picture-in-picture.
User reviews summary
- Works with various platforms including YouTube, Netflix, HBO max
- Simple, minimal, and easy to use
- Can move and resize the PiP video
- Can only play one video in PIP mode which is appreciated by users
- Does not work on all websites
- Can't resize or move backward/forward on some platforms
- Cannot function across multiple laptops
- Trouble reported with pause feature on Udemy
- Resizing and moving PiP video feature
- Functionality with multiple platforms like YouTube, Netflix, HBO max
- Issues with compatibility on some websites
- Comparison with Google's extension
Picture-in-Picture may not be safe to use and it requires some risky permissions. Exercise caution when installing this extension. Review carefully before installing.
Picture-in-Picture is very likely to contain malware and should not be trusted. Avoid installing.
Here are some Chrome extensions that are similar to Picture-in-Picture: