eID Chrome Extension
Chrome extension for the Belgium eID card
What is eID Chrome Extension?
The 'eID Chrome Extension' is a browser-based solution for using your Belgium eID card. This tool provides seamless access to your eID card and integrates with our eID Identity Provider and Digital Signature Service, facilitating secure digital transactions and authentications.
The eID Chrome Extension gives access to the eID card within the Chrome web browser. The eID Chrome solution has been integrated within our eID Identity Provider and Digital Signature Service.
User reviews summary
- The extension can work with certain system setups as one user was able to get it working by downloading an additional Java component.
- Works under Linux, but only with Firefox.
- The extension often doesn't work, especially on MacBook and Chrome.
- It's considered by some users as a waste of time due to its unreliability.
- Some users have security concerns, seeing its allowed site accesses as possibly shady.
- One user mentions the presence of logs in production.
- One user mentions outdated log4j Java library, posing potential security vulnerability.
- The extension requires additional Java component (Java JRE SDK) to be installed in order to function properly.
- The extension has compatibility issues and often doesn't work, mostly on MacBook and Chrome.
- There are security concerns about the extension.
- Quality of software is considered poor.
eID Chrome Extension may not be safe to use and it requires some risky permissions. Exercise caution when installing this extension. Review carefully before installing.
eID Chrome Extension has earned a fairly good reputation and likely can be trusted.
Here are some Chrome extensions that are similar to eID Chrome Extension: