Authenticator generates two-factor authentication codes in your browser.
What is Authenticator?
Authenticator is a Chrome extension designed to generate two-factor authentication codes in your browser. It supports multiple accounts, QR code scanning, data encryption, and offers backup options. Available in multiple languages and compatible with various authentication standards, it serves as an invaluable tool for enhancing online security.
Authenticator generates two-factor authentication (2FA) codes in your browser. Use it to add an extra layer of security to your online accounts.
Always keep a backup of your secrets in a safe location.
Encrypting your secrets is strongly recommended, especially if you are logged into a Google account.
- Add accounts by scanning QR codes
- Search your accounts by pressing "/"
- Translated into more than ten languages
- Encrypt your secrets with a password
- Backup your secrets to a file, Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive, or Dropbox
- Sync your secrets with your Google Account
- Import data from Google Authenticator offical mobile App
- Open source
User reviews summary
- Easy to use with multiple accounts
- Can generate QR codes
- Useful for multi-factor authentication on various platforms
- Occasional failure in code generation
- Lack of instructions and clarity
- Risk of losing all codes, locking users out of accounts
- Code generation
- Account lockout
- QR code feature
Authenticator is safe to use. It does not request any sensitive permissions.
Authenticator has earned a good reputation and can be trusted.
Here are some Chrome extensions that are similar to Authenticator: