Create and edit documents with LibreOffice Online.
What is LibreOffice Editor?
LibreOffice Editor is a versatile Chrome extension that provides direct integration with LibreOffice Online. This allows users to efficiently create, edit, and view a variety of documents such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint files. Moreover, this extension is equipped with a file manager for handling 'Office' type files and provides a convenient platform for working on documents online. It supports various formats, offers extended features like font management, search, advanced find & replace, auto-saving, and more.
LibreOffice Editor is a Chrome extension that allows to create, edit and view any Microsoft Word document, Excel spreadsheet and Powerpoint slide. It is an integration with LibreOffice Online and a file manager in order to handle all your documents when online. It is a document, spreadsheet and presentation editor integrated with our file manager to manage only "Office" file types with this online app.
Its main features are:
- It provides direct access to create a doc, xls or ppt document from scratch with this LibreOffice Editor.
- It detects when you access to an "Office" document, and it opens it directly using this LibreOffice Editor.
Its architecture are split in three modules.
A) LibreOffice Editor Online, which contains the following features:
- Create, edit and view XLS spreadsheets written using OpenOffice Calc, LibreOffice Calc or Microsoft Excel.
- Create, edit and view DOC documents written using OpenOffice Doc, LibreOffice Doc or Microsoft Word.
- Create, edit and view PPT slides written using OpenOffice Impress, LibreOffice Impress or Microsoft Powerpoint.
- Styles management.
- Font sizes.
User reviews summary
- Easy to use
- Free to use
- Good for working with .odt files (libreoffice)
- Suitable for individual needs
- Lots of pop-ups
- Unprofessional and potentially unsafe
- White blank space takes up a quarter of the page
- Slow to load and lack of proper organization
- Lacks full functionality of the real LibreOffice
- Slow loading time
- Lack of professional design
- Lack of full functionality
- Usability issues
LibreOffice Editor is risky to use as it requires a number of sensitive permissions that can potentially harm your browser and steal your data. Exercise caution when installing this extension. Review carefully before installing. We recommend that you only install LibreOffice Editor if you trust the publisher.
LibreOffice Editor has earned a good reputation and can be trusted.
Here are some Chrome extensions that are similar to LibreOffice Editor: