Extension that converts Web Novels (and other web pages) into an EPUB for offline reading. Works with many sites, including: 1.…
What is WebToEpub?
WebToEpub is a Chrome extension that specializes in converting online web novels and web pages into EPUB files, suitable for offline reading. This tool is compatible with several popular sites such as Baka-Tsuki, ArchiveOfOurOwn, FanFiction.net, Royal Road, and Readlightnovel. The usage involves navigating to a particular web page containing the story, clicking the WebToEpub icon, verifying the story details, and clicking 'Pack EPUB' button, after which the EPUB file is downloaded. The software is licensed under GPL v3 and the source code can be found on GitHub.
Extension that converts Web Novels (and other web pages) into an EPUB for offline reading. Works with many sites, including:
- www.readlightnovel.com (partial support)
- Numerous other light novel sites
To use with Baka-Tsuki:
- Browse to a Baka-Tsuki web page that has the full text of a story.
- Click on the WebToEpub icon on top right of the Chrome window.
- Check story details are correct.
- Select image to use for cover.
- Click the "Pack EPUB" button.
- Wait for progress bar to finish (indicating the images being downloaded) and the generated EPUB to be placed in your downloads directory.
User reviews summary
- Easy to use
- Quick download process
- Works with multiple websites
- Doesn't work with all websites
- Stopped working for some users
- Cannot handle password-locked content
- Download process
- Ease of use
- Compatability with various websites
WebToEpub may not be safe to use and it requires some risky permissions. Exercise caution when installing this extension. Review carefully before installing.
WebToEpub is probably trust-worthy. Prefer other publishers if available. Exercise caution when installing this extension.
Here are some Chrome extensions that are similar to WebToEpub: