Fast, searchable email with less spam.
Gmail is available to install from Chrome Web Store and for download from this page. The latest version is 8.3, and it was published 2 years ago.
All available versions
You can find the current and older versions of Gmail here. You can download the archived versions or inspect their source codes.
As a free user, you can only download the latest version.
|Sign in to download
Upgrade to download older files
How to install Gmail from a CRX file
Option 1: The easy way (for Windows users only)
- Download and run chrome-stats.exe file on your PC. This method will allow you to install Chrome extensions directly from chrome-stats.com in one click. You only need to do this once!
- Type in
chrome://restartin the URL bar to restart the browser for the changes to take effect.
- Download and install the Gmail CRX file
Option 2: Advanced method
- Download Gmail CRX file
- NOTE: Sometimes the browser may block downloading / installing CRX file from outside the Chrome Web Store. If so, you may need to use option 1, or download the ZIP file instead.
- In the URL bar, go to
- Enable Developer mode
- Drag and drop the downloaded Gmail CRX file into the Extensions page
- When prompted, click Add extension to install Gmail.
How to install Gmail from a ZIP file
- Download and unpack the Gmail ZIP file to a directory of your choice.
- In Chrome browser, go to
- Enable Developer mode.
- Click on the Load Unpacked button.
- Select the directory of with the unpacked Gmail ZIP file from step 1. Gmail is now installed on your browser.