Choose what video codec YouTube should play for you
enhanced-h264ify is available to install from Chrome Web Store and for download from this page. It has 61,445 weekly active users The latest version is 2.1.0, and it was published a year ago.
Total download count: 13
All available versions
You can find the current and older versions of enhanced-h264ify here. You can download the archived versions or inspect their source codes.
As a free user, you can access up to 5 versions. Subscribe to the paid version of ChromeStats to access more available versions.
|2.1.0||Sign in to download||16.28K||13||2022-02-09|
How to install enhanced-h264ify from a CRX file
- Download the enhanced-h264ify CRX file .
- NOTE: Sometimes the browser may block downloading / installing CRX file from outside the Chrome Web Store. If so, you may need to download the ZIP file instead.
- In the URL bar, go to
- Enable Developer mode
- Drag and drop the downloaded enhanced-h264ify CRX file into the Extensions page
- When prompted, click Add extension to install enhanced-h264ify.
How to install enhanced-h264ify from a ZIP file
- Download and unpack the enhanced-h264ify ZIP file to a directory of your choice.
- In Chrome browser, go to
- Enable Developer mode.
- Click on the Load Unpacked button.
- Select the directory of with the unpacked enhanced-h264ify ZIP file from step 1. enhanced-h264ify is now installed on your browser.
Here are some Chrome extensions that are similar to enhanced-h264ify:
User count: 1,235,317
Makes YouTube stream H.264 videos instead of VP8/VP9 videos
Not yet, AV1
User count: 3,331
Extremely lightweight Chrome plugin to disable AV1 on YouTube and other sites.
YouTube Auto HD + FPS
User count: 113,775
Automatically set the video quality on YouTube according to its FPS!