A quick and easy way to add custom CSS to the current web site.
What is User CSS?
'User CSS' is a handy Chrome extension that opens up the possibility of customized styling of websites. It instantly applies user-written CSS code on the current webpage, delivering immediate visual results. Through a single extension button, users can toggle visibility of the CSS editor. This extension also features a green indicator, signaling when custom CSS has been applied to a webpage, and incorporates CodeMirror for code highlighting and the Emmet toolkit for speedier HTML & CSS coding.
Insert your custom CSS code to the current web site and you will see the changes immediately.
How to use:
- Press the extension button to display the CSS editor.
- Write your custom CSS.
- Enjoy the result.
- Press the extension button to hide the CSS editor.
Button shows a green indicator, when current web site has custom CSS.
The extension uses CodeMirror to highlight code and supports the Emmet toolkit.
User reviews summary
- works very well and reliably
- quick way to make visual adjustments without a complete theme
- allows CSS changes on specific sites like Microsoft DotNET and YouTube control panel placement
- does not work
- does not accept proper css files
- brings more ads
- global dependency on jQuery
- extension not updated since 2017
- does not work or works intermittently
- Uncaught ReferenceError: jQuery is not defined
- last updated in 2017 and needs an update
User CSS is risky to use as it requires a number of sensitive permissions that can potentially harm your browser and steal your data. Exercise caution when installing this extension. Review carefully before installing. We recommend that you only install User CSS if you trust the publisher.
User CSS has earned a good reputation and can be trusted.
Here are some Chrome extensions that are similar to User CSS: