Browse the web faster.
What is FasterWeb?
"FasterWeb" is a Chrome extension that significantly improves your browsing speed by preloading web pages. The extension works best on pages within the same site, excluding action-triggering pages for your safety. With FasterWeb, your web pages start preloading the moment you hover over a link, making your browsing experience smoother and faster.
FasterWeb uses just-in-time preloading; it preloads a page right before you click on it.
Faster Web works best on pages that are on the same sites. Pages to external sites are still faster but generally not enough to be noticeable.
How it works: Before you click on a link, you hover your mouse over it. When you have hovered for 65 milliseconds there is one chance out of two that you will click, so Faster Web starts preloading at this moment, leaving on average over 300 ms for the page to preload.
Pages that trigger an action (such as logging out or deleting something) are excluded. (FasterWeb won’t preload pages with a “?” in their URL.)
FasterWeb — previously called FasterChrome — is based on instant.page, a library that you can add to your site in just one minute to give it the same speed boost.
Made with ❤️ by BrowseCraft gang. Stand with Ukraine 💙💛.
User reviews summary
- Helps in loading websites faster
- Improves browsing experience
- Preloads linked pages
- Injects intrusive ads into the Google Searches
- Opens ad pages and websites without user consent
- Conflicts with Internet Download Manager, affecting downloads and potentially triggering automatic downloads
- Affects the insertion of images in Google Documents
- May reduce the life of SSD
- Interference with downloads when used with IDM or similar download managers
- Unwanted ads and websites opening without user consent
- Conflicts with certain functions of Google Documents
FasterWeb is risky to use as it requires a number of sensitive permissions that can potentially harm your browser and steal your data. Exercise caution when installing this extension. Review carefully before installing. We recommend that you only install FasterWeb if you trust the publisher.
FasterWeb is probably trust-worthy. Prefer other publishers if available. Exercise caution when installing this extension.
Here are some Chrome extensions that are similar to FasterWeb: