An open source userscript manager that supports a lot of browsers
What is Violentmonkey?
Violentmonkey is a highly versatile browser extension that brings userscript support to an array of browsers that use WebExtensions. Key features include automatic updates by detecting metadata, sequential script execution, GM function compatibility, zip file import/export, and synchronization with various cloud storage services.
Violentmonkey provides userscripts support for browsers. It works on browsers with WebExtensions support. It supports most scripts for Greasemonkey and Tampermonkey. Features:
- Update automatically according to the meta data.
- Scripts will be executed in order as shown in the list.
- GM functions are supported.
- Support import from and export to a zip file.
- Sync to Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive and WebDAV!
User reviews summary
- Open source and gives users much control
- Better UI than similar extensions
- High compatibility with other apps like Vivaldi and roblox
- Supports script synchronization
- High functionality, allows script reordering and execution change
- Sync feature sometimes does not work
- Insufficient instructions on how to use the extension
- Requires user script to be installed from a remote URL
- Scripts may disappear occasionally
- Comparison with Tampermonkey
- Script handling and synchronization
- Ease of use
Violentmonkey is risky to use as it requires a number of sensitive permissions that can potentially harm your browser and steal your data. Exercise caution when installing this extension. Review carefully before installing. We recommend that you only install Violentmonkey if you trust the publisher.
Violentmonkey has earned a good reputation and can be trusted.
Here are some Chrome extensions that are similar to Violentmonkey: