PttChrome provides telnet connections to ptt.cc.
What is PttChrome?
PttChrome is a Chrome extension developed as a telnet client for connecting to BBS site ptt.cc. Originally from BBSFox, it provides several features like mouse browsing, autologin, ANSI copy, font stretching, easy reading mode, user blacklist, and more. Display format works across platforms, preferences sync via Chrome storage sync API. The extension opens in Chrome tab and users can access it through Google Drive docs.
A GNU/GPL telnet client for connecting to BBS site ptt.cc
New in 1.5:
- switch to use sockets.tcp API from the deprecated socket API.
- setKeepAlive to improve disconnecting issues, append ?keepAlive=(seconds)
- use browser API's openTab so that clicking on app icon will open in chrome tab instead of in default browser.
- used a new default font file (MingLiUNoGlyph) to replace symmingliu
- For SSH connection, append ?ssh=true to the url.
- Blacklist can now load/backup with Google Drive documents.
- Large blacklist is saved locally only, no sync, you'll need to use Google Drive.
- Settings to automatically reply to duplicated logins (in Autologins settings tab).
- Live article helper added to context menu, can use alt + r to toggle.
- Switching easy reading mode in settings no longer require a restart.
User reviews summary
- Easy to use
- Has a good reading mode
- It is available online via a specific url
- Stopped working after a certain Chrome update
- Cannot be opened directly from the application
- Formatting and color issues
- Problems with functioning
- Suggestions for improvement
- Appreciation for the extension
PttChrome is relatively safe to use as it requires very minimum permissions.
PttChrome has earned a good reputation and can be trusted.