Switch to Carbon-Neutral Browsing
What is Earth Mode?
Earth Mode is an innovative Chrome extension that intelligently tracks your online activities including browsing, streaming, and socializing. It works by estimating the energy used during these activities, calculates the corresponding carbon footprint, then neutralizes it by contributing towards tree planting, making your browsing environmentally friendly.
Earth Mode tracks your online energy use: from browsing, to streaming, to updating your social status. Once we know how much you use, Johnnie Walker will calculate your carbon footprint and plant trees to neutralise it.
User reviews summary
- Supports environment by promising to plant trees
- Easy to use with no extra effort from the user
- Inspires users to think about their carbon footprint and environment
- No longer working as it should - trees are no longer being planted
- Unscientific approach, measures energy consumption only based on browser usage time
- Their carbon credit program has reportedly ended
- Trees planting initiative
- Johnnie Walker's involvement
- User's carbon footprint
Earth Mode is risky to use as it requires a number of sensitive permissions that can potentially harm your browser and steal your data. Exercise caution when installing this extension. Review carefully before installing. We recommend that you only install Earth Mode if you trust the publisher.
Earth Mode may not be trust-worthy. Avoid installing if possible unless you really trust this publisher.
Here are some Chrome extensions that are similar to Earth Mode: